Friday, June 25, 2010

1933 - Cavalcade...............oh de-ah!



Okay....in terms of a synopsis...here's the link to wikipedia cause frankly we've already lost 2 hours that we will never get back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalcade_(1933_film).

So let's just get this over with

Cin: No, really dahling, I do love...and I love you too (said in very pretentious british accent) Prententious? Don't you mean upper crust
Nic: Oh yes indeed, my mistake Oh, Cindy that was simply dreadful
Cin: It twas, really. Actually I can't think of anything good to say about it other than it was a good study of the Noel Coward style. That's it, it wasn't interesting, it wasn't well shot, it wasn't well directed, it wasn't well acted. Any idea why it won the Oscar?
Nic: (long pause) between wikipedia and imdb, no one seems to have anything to say about it.
Cin: Well that says it doesn't it
Nic: Indeed. So on the scale I would say "Umm, thanks for the evening Oscar (handshake) perhaps I'll see you around"
Cin: I think I left at the salad, excused myself at the salad and never came back.
Nic: Gosh this was a total bust
Cin: Just awful - just boring and a bunch of pretentious people. Very disappointing, especially because we liked the last one.
Nic: Yeah I really thought that Oscar was catching his stride. Oh well, I've heard good things about the next one
Cin: Have you?
Nic: Well I've at least heard of it. Haven't you
Cin: No, but I have a bad memory
Nic: College days....

No comments:

Post a Comment